Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

See Ya!

Just letting y'all know that in the morning I am leaving town for a few days! I, along with my Dad, step-mom Laura, and siblings Brent and Brianna are going to Virginia for a family wedding. Our cousin Mark and his girlfriend Elaine are tying the knot and we are going to be there for it.
I am so excited to go! I haven't been to VA to see my family since my grandfather died in 1996. I went there in 1999 for my friend Nicki's first wedding. It has been too long since I was down there. :) I can't wait! It is so beautiful and peaceful, very different from this place. I am sure I will not want to come home and will kick and scream all the way back up!
We leave Novi as soon as we can after I leave work, and then will slowly make our way down south. We will be staying the night in a hotel in southern Ohio Thursday night and then ge to VA Friday morning and stay until Sunday morning. Then Sunday morning we will do the same thing back up. I personally would rather drive all day and get to VA on Thursday and then leave Sunday afternoon, but hey-- it's a free trip so who the hell am I to complain?? The parents are picking up the whole bill, even the hotel. Hot DAMN! I am not sure why they want to do it that way but me being the broke ass that I am, I am NOT going to complain! :)
So I am at work and having a somewhat slow night in ther stable vent unit, where the kids with trachs on ventilators are. It is nice, for the most part the babies are sleeping. It has been a frustrating night though, I have had a patient with frightening symptoms and the doctors are not concerned. I am! This is the way I look at it, if this were MY child, what would I want them to do? Well we just had some tests ordered for the morning... so that eases my mind a little. I had the PICU nurses look at the patient too, so I feel a little better. I am a worrier for sure, so at times I wonder if maybe I am making a bigger deal of things than I should. But then I remember this is their lives I am dealing with, and I don't feel so bad for being a worrier.
OK, enough talking about crap that people probably do not care about unless they are nurses too! :)
Don't expect me to write for a while. YAY!

2 comments:

cassdawn said...

worrying nurses are a very very good thing. i come from a line of them and if i ever thought they were crazy - 2 years in and out of the hospital has convinced me otherwise. so you go right on worrying. people appreciate it even if they are too ignorant or to consumed by their situation to tell you so.

virginia on the other hand - is a worry free zone . . . so beautiful. you enjoy and think of me in the lovely floridian august humidity with a group of people i don't know who are all related to the very strangest people i do know. sigh.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I think I will enjoy my weekend here in the Rust Belt, quite well, actually. Kim, my friend Joe, myself, and her daughter (I still feel weird using her name online) will go down to Toledo to meet up with our friends from Cleveland to look at the animals in the zoo.

There are Reef Sharks in the aquarium.

Ok, You will probably read this when you get home, so I hope you had a good trip!