Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's my own damn fault...

My 2 dogs, Bear and Harvey, are fabulous. I love them dearly. But sometimes they drive me nuts. And it really probably is my fault...

For example:
When I come home from work, I have to go in the basement and let Harvey out of the kennel and get them both in the upstairs with me... even if that means nearly pissing myself because I have to go so bad. Because if not... they will scream in disapproval that I am home and they are not up my ass. So, rather than hear them be sad, I suffer (albeit briefly), take care of them first and then see to myself. They would be in NO harm to have to wait for me to go to the bathroom first, I just can't handle them being upset.
After I get them from the basement they give me tons and loves, and I give them some back as I walk up the stairs with my legs crossed. Then, while I use the bathroom, they are both in the bathroom with me, I have to pet them. Again, I suppose I don't HAVE to, but they are so excited to see me, and I am happy to see them. It seems like rejection if they can't have the first couple minutes with Mommy, right?
Then, after I use the restroom I either get in the shower, or if I am too tired wash my face and do all the night time stuff to get ready for bed. This morning was a get-in-my-pj's-and-screw-the-shower-till-later morning. But by this point all three of us are my in little bathroom. I either am so tired or so used to the situation (not sure) that I actually go in the HALLWAY to put my pajamas on just so I have a little more room, since the dogs are practically burrow into my ass. I am trying to get my first leg in my pjs when I accidentally knee Bear in the head because he come out into the hallway to be closer to me while I was getting ready. Thank God there wasn't much force to it, although he deserved a nudge I would have hated to hurt him!
I thought getting a second dog would eliminate Bear following me everywhere I go. I thought (blissfully unaware) that the dogs would occupy themselves and leave me alone for a little bit when I was doing boring things, like laundry. Nooo.... this is not the case. Now when I do laundry and go back and forth between my laundry chute and laundry room in the basement I have not one, but TWO dogs following me. Why are they following me? Are they trying to learn how to do laundry? Is there something they can accomplish from this? Does it make sense why I am blogging this?
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. They are my Babies. But sometimes I wonder what the difference is between them and real children. Well, apart from copraphagia.
They make me want to scream and pull my hair out sometimes... but they love me unconditionally. You can see it in their eyes when we come home from a long day of work. I always get sad when I pull out of the driveway at night for work and I see them both look out our front window and watch me drive away. We (Aaron and I) love them unconditionally too. :)
OK, enough sappiness about dogs. I am going to bed now. Gotta work again tonight!

5 comments:

kimberkara said...

My solution: shoot them. Just in the kneecaps. That way you teach them a lesson AND they don't follow you to the bathroom. Don't worry, I'm not getting another dog anytime soon. :)

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Dogs don't have knees.

Sadly, Andrea, you reminded me that I know what coprophagia is. I could have gone days and days without remembering that I knew that.

Why can't my neurology grant me something cool, like being able to play the piano like nothing? Instead, I remember the proper name for poo eating.

Mommy Phoenix said...

I have 2 cats who do the same thing. If I'm in bed, their in bed. If I'm in the computer room they know where I am, and usually one of them is laying on my desk and the other is out laying in the kitchen just waiting for me to come out. Or both laying in the office with me. They love me... what Can I say.... They weren't like this before I got prego, my Hormones changed them, now I have 2 Guard Cats lol

chris said...

I just lost my whole long comment. damn!! In a nut shell, for an animal lover I can sure hate my cats sometimes. Puking on my bed is one reason. After these critters, NO MORE. I think I've said that before.

krishna said...

Hello



I know you in Google Bolger; it’s looks very nice,

I’m here for new friends and let you about India

I pray this mail meets you in good health condition! Before explaining the reason for contacting you let me introduce myself; I’m doing tourist guiding in India.

I have a good experience with customers. I will give my best services for tourist visitors I sow your blog looks very nice with beautiful pitchers. Maybe if you like to visit my blog check here http://saiyathra.blogspot.com/



Service for tourists



I offer to take care of your needs from arrival to departure: taxi, accommodation and such.



By Swami’s grace I’ll do this with great happiness.



Therefore I ask you kindly to forward this message to friends who are due to visit India and SATHYA SAI BABA in Puttaparthi.



Thank you for your kind cooperation.



Name of office Shanthi net cafe



Name of owner Ch. Krishna



Address Main Street,

Shop No. 2 (opposite Hotel Sai Towers)

Sri Sai Gokul Aprt 1st floor

Puttaparthi 515 134, Anantapur DT, Ap.



Phone +91 8555 287625



Mobile phone +91 9490540659



E-mail address shantinetcafe@yahoo.in

touristorganizer@gmail.com

I will be looking forward to your advice towards this proposal.

Best regards,
Mr. Krishna.



Please forward this message to your friends who are going to visit India