Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Just in case you didn't already know...

Aaron and I are trying to have a baby.
I have actually been off birth control since February... and lemme tell ya.. if I would have known it would have taken this long I would NOT have worried all those years before I got married. HA!
Between Feb. and now we have just been not preventing, so now we've decided to make a more official "go" of it and try. So I will really try to pay attention to when I'm ovulating, you know, all that stuff. I am hoping to be like Kim and the first time I look at a penis at the right time of my cycle I conceive. However I am not expecting it!
There is a girl at my work who is also trying to get pregnant who has the same LMP day as me... interesting to see what will happen there. Will we get pregnant at the same time? Will one of us conceieve way before the other one and leave the other one in the dust? No, it is not a competition, but you know what I mean. She already has a couple kids, at least we know she is fertile. I am hoping I am but no real proof yet!
We have been waiting for the perfect time to start trying, but then a day or two before my birthday we were in the car going to trivia and I had a realization... I told Aaron, "I am almost 28! I am done with waiting... I am ready to start trying now. I am close to 30!"
So yes, the timing may not be perfect. But people tell me that if you wait for the right time, or until you get that new car, or new whatever then you'll NEVER be ready. You just kinda gotta go for it. So we are going for it. I assume it will take a while to get there anyway, so we have the months we are trying to conceive to tie up any loose ends we have.
But the things we already have going for us... we have a 3 bedroom house. In that respect we are ready. We have a place for the kid to sleep. We both have jobs, cars, health insurance, etc. so the baby would have all needs taken care of. The rest will I am sure fall into place. We will both make sure anything else that is not taken care of will be resolved before I go into labor. :)
With that being said, I have to go to get ready for work. Blah. I am sick of working.

6 comments:

Cat's Litterbox said...

First, let me say congratulations! It's wonderful that you guys are ready to take the next step in your marriage!

Second, let me say that 28 is not old. LOL. Steve and I have been trying for the last year or so and have had no luck. I'm about to turn 32. I've had to really think about things and pray and I've come to the conclusion that even 32 isn't too old (it's older than I'd like, but it's all in God's plan).

Third, I know you're a nurse and you have a pretty good education about human phisiology and all that good stuff, but if you still find that you're not able to get pregnant and it's been a while, I suggest the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

We just bought it from Amazon (it came Friday) and it's been absolutely eye-opening. Before you do anything else (fertility specializt, pay for out-of-pocket-tests, buying a fertility monitor)... you should buy the book and read it. Then, after being enlightened, if you're not able to get pregnant, that's when you should go see someone.

I honestly believe that things happen for a reason and that it'll all happen in due time. I will keep you guys in my prayers! Hopefully in the next few months you'll be able to read my blog about us finally getting pregnant!!

:)

Cat's Litterbox said...

Just re-read my post-- sorry about all the spelling mistakes. I just woke up and can hardly see the computer screen!!!

chris said...

this is a test - mom is having puter issues...

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I wish you the best luck. Maybe Aaron's balls got all overheated from Iraq, and he needs to wear loose fitting pants for a few months.

Oh, and stop getting kicked in the balls at Tae Kwan Do.

Mommy Phoenix said...

Well when you get Prego, it has to be a Girl... Bobby is gonna need a girlfriend after all. :)
I can't wait til you get Prego! I SOOOO want to help with the baby shower! :: Happy Dance :: I have faith if Aarons Sperm! "You Can Do It Lil Guys.... "!!!

cassdawn said...

ah, mother nature - she's a funny funny bitch.

anyway, you're a nurse so i'm sure you already know that stressing about it is a no no ; good diet; certain positions - all that. here's a list of some herbal helpers and ones to stay away from - most of the ones to stay away from are pretty obscure but a few common ones are Fennel, Goldenseal, Lavender, Mistletoe, Rhubarb, Sage and St. John's Wort. Stay away from pennyroyal and wormwood. And don't burn sage or be around burning sage.

it i funny though how we spend years trying NOT to get pregnant . . . :)