Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Newest thoughts...

My latest facebook update was "Only 1 year, 2 months and 6 days till we can request a transfer back home. :) Is it bad that I am starting the countdown now?" I put this up here because I just went on realtor.com looking for rental homes in Belleville and Livonia. It scared me that the house I liked the most in Livonia in our price range wants a credit score/before they will consider you for the house. Don't these people get that the reason a lot of us are renting is because we had to lose our first house? Ugh. I have a feeling this is going to haunt me for a long time.
Aaron told me this weekend that his 2 years of service he has to put in before he can request a transfer started May 23, 2009 (when he started training) and NOT October 19, which was his first day on the job in Carizzo Springs. I was ELATED!! That (hopefully!) cuts 5 months off this sentence we have here! He could not have told me this news at a better time. It was a Sunday and we decided to go out to lunch, and I barely even wanted to go. The sadness of being here was getting to me. All I wanted to do was lay in bed and just stare at the wall. So instead of having 19 months now there are only 14. It's still a long time but it was a relief when I really needed it. It makes it seem easier to be here. :) But this is no guarantee... it only means he can request a transfer, it doesn't mean he'll get it. But there's hope. Turns out there are 4 places in Michigan in which he could potentially get transferred. Listed in order of my preference they are:
1. Detroit.
2. Port Huron.
3. Gibraltar.
4. Sault St. Marie. (I hope I spelled this right!)
Random thought here... I renewed my nursing license for the state of Michigan today. It lasts 2 years only, but I hope to be back in Michigan by then.
I want sooooo much to be able to go home. I know these blogs must seem like a broken record. But seriously if it doesn't have to do with going home back to my friends and family or Izzie, I am probably not thinking about it.
Rather than continue to battle with my wonderful yet not very um... house work friendly husband, I put an ad on Craigslist.com today looking for help with yard work and a housekeeper. I am offering $10/hr for the housekeeper and $15-20 per visit for the yard work. Does that seem fair?
OK even though I am not tired I need to do the dishes and get ready for bed.
Shit. Forgot to cook Aaron's dinner. Must go. :)

No comments: