Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Name Game.

I have been thinking about middle names for the baby. With a long first name like Isabella and a three syllable last name, I think the middle name should be a one syllable name so its not overkill. Maybe a two syllable name if its a short name, like for example Renee.
So I would like some suggestions on middle names. Here are the ones I think sound good with Isabella.

-Jean (my American grandma's middle name) (Oh and PS my English Grandma's name is Mary Isabel so Isabella is practically a tribute! And that's awesome because she is the sweetest little soul to ever live.) I like this one but it is not my favorite and I think Aaron said no... but whateva.
-Grace (I love this one but it's our niece's middle name. We should't name thieve like that.)
-Taylor (My Mom's maiden name.)
-Renee (this is one of my oldest and best friend's daughter's middle name and she is a wonderful kid. So that would be cool too. :) )

People like to suggest things like Marie, Maria, Ann, etc. and those are so not me! There's nothing wrong with them, I just don't want to use them.
I was thinking it would be cool to give the baby's middle name a Texas influence... so I looked up the names of wild flowers that are indigenous to Texas. They were either long names or things that sounded ugly like Spiderwort or Rosinweed. OK, I kinda liked Primrose a little bit.... but it's weird and too long. Then I thought of Star, since this is the Lone Star State. But is that too hippy? Or does it sound like a hooker/stripper name? That is SOOO not the kind of name I am going for. I'm trying to think of a baby name, not a stage name!

This child sure does love my cervix. Feels like she is trying to kick or dig her way out. Sometimes it's a cute little reminder of her existence, and sometimes I feel like she is mad at me. Seriously child, why are you doing this to me? That is a sensitive place to be harshly prodded, from either direction. lol. It made me laugh today because it was like she was working out, about 12-15 kicks within a minute or two, then nothing. Nothing from her for an hour or two. Then she'll give the occasional nudge. Is that how all fetuses are? Or is mine a weirdo? Usually once a day I have a few minutes of hyper child, and then the rest of the day is occasional nudges, bumps etc. Either way, even if it hurts, I love it!
OK I feel like poo so I am going to lie down. Having stomach cramps like my body is trying to work on a barf. NOT cool. Now I feel a little hot and sweaty and have done absolutely nothing to feel this way. Great. Here's hoping its just from my guts being rearranged by the uterus and nothing more sinister. I don't have the PTO for sinister viruses.

1 comment:

Debbs said...

How about Mae or Clair, very southern. Or if you a Gone with the With fan you could use Tara. For TX theme name how about Rose (Yellow Rose of TX) or