Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things that are pissing me off Volume #2.

Sorry. I have nothing better to do but clean my house or blog. And my back hurts too bad to clean. Sooo....

The Real Housewives of Orange County:
Seeing as how I have no life and it was on because I missed Top Chef (which is good, BTW... saw it for the first time today.) I decided to watch this abomination of a TV show. I learned that money does NOT make the man or woman. All they are is a bunch of petty poor little rich girls that gossip and bitch. It was painful. I almost had to change the channel when their ignorant daughters were talking... all the "ums" and "likes" were burning my brain. I am sure at least one of their parents has to be smart, like their father who probably works his ass off to put those little brats in their Gucci this and Prada that... but you wouldn't be able to tell any of them are smart because they can't parent a child worth a damn. The episode I watched, they had a "Youthologist" come to talk to their "challenging" daughter. Well I think I am going to move to California or wherever the hell these idiots live and be an "Assholologist" to help people that are Assholes become more normal, less irritating people. I am pretty sure that chimps are better parents than these people. I don't care if I am middle class, or lower middle class, or whatever I would be considered, I would MUCH rather live paycheck to paycheck than be as embarrassingly materialistic and painfully dumb as these people are. I can't believe our society flaunts our stupidity by putting people like this on TV. Why can't we have a reality show about people who live in reality? What about teaching Americans about the brave men and women who are currently doing a tour in Afghanistan, or the struggles that middle school teachers face? If it is possible for me to lose more respect for the media, then it just happened.

MORE unsolicited advice about pregnancy! MORE!!! No Cassie not you! :)
There are people at work who just can't help themselves. One saw me walking down the hall with a Coke and said "You can't have that... the Baby..." In a word, BITCHYESIFUCKINGCAN. Here is my proof. And anyone with eyes can read a can of Coke and see that it has 34 mg of caffeine per 12 ounce serving. Yes, I try to have only 1 can of Coke per day. Sometimes I slip and have 2. And if I have a Excedrin tension headache I make sure to not have any Coke because it has a lot of caffeine in it. Let's look at it like this: I quit smoking, I don't come within 3 feet of any alcohol, I avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague, I don't eat soft cheese or lunch meat even though I would love to, I avoid taking even Tylenol even though I am in enough pain daily to make me cry (even though it is safe for the baby I figure it's safer not to)... I KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN NOT HAVE AND IF I DON'T KNOW I WILL ASK. Before I got cheese at the deli I made sure it was Pasteurized or else I wouldn't even buy it! Lay OFF me people!!!
Someone also told me that if I sit too much when I am pregnant the baby will have a cone head. *Sigh*. Now, correct me if I am wrong, I am not an Obstetrician, but I am pretty sure that the molding of the head only happens when the baby is in the birth canal, yes? And my 15 week old fetus's head is probably the size of a grape? And I am also pretty sure that my tiny precious little baby is happily swimming in a vast pool of amniotic fluid and no where near going into a birthing position anytime soon... so I rest my case.
This same someone also gave me a horrified look when I told her how excited I was to go to the Chiropractor. "But the BABY!!!" So I don't DIE between now and late July of excruciating back pain that started before I ever got pregnant, since I can't take anything for the pain besides Tylenol and Pez, I am going to an expert who can help me. Unless they know something I don't, like the Chiropractor is going to take the baby out and crack it's back, or I must take a hit of acid before they will see me, what is the harm in a little alternative therapy? It's not like I am going sky diving for God sakes! The worst thing I do is DRINK COKE. NOT DO COKE.
I know people mean well but one day I am going to lose it and scream. I just try to remind myself daily that it is only out of love and concern. But try telling my estrogen and progesterone (and whatever other crazy hormones are running through my veins) that.

So this didn't piss me off but it was funny so I must share. Aaron did something really funny and made me laugh HARD at him yesterday. I ran to the bathroom because apparently all that laughing made me feel like I was going to pee out the teaspoon of urine in my bladder that I had produced in the last 5 minutes since my last bathroom trip. So I am in the bathroom, LMAOing it up, while I pee, and tears start to run down my face because I am laughing so hard. Then, for reasons that I can't understand or explain, my laughs turn into sobs and in 5 seconds flat my good mood is shattered and I am crying for ABSOLUTELY no reason. This makes me laugh more, which makes me cry more. WTF???!?! Are you kidding me right now. Then, sobbing and with an empty bladder, I go to Aaron, crying, to tell him that I am crying and I have no idea why. He looks at me rightfully as the crazy bitch that I am.
Pregnancy is wonderful and weird as HELL!

3 comments:

kimberkara said...

yes! Hysterics! Do it in public sometimes, it's the best! I had a full breakfast at Big Boys while crying the whole time. I was hungry and tired of waiting for it to end. lol

Beckie's Infertile said...

I love when people tell me things that they have no idea what they are talking about.

"Didn't you hear blogging is bad for your baby" ;)

I stumbled on your blog from Sonya and I like it.

Have a great day!

Andrea said...

Yes it drives me nuts!!!! I am glad you can understand. :)
Thanks for visiting!