Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Obsessed with listening to the heart beat.

I think I blog about silly little things because I can't just call or talk to my friends like I used to be able to. I like to get it all out, even if no one is really listening/reading. haha.
Last night I tried listening to the baby's heartbeat and thought I found it but was not sure. But I heard a while lot of what I can only imagine is fetal movement on the doppler. I was laying on my side with the hand piece definitely not moving because I had it firmly on my belly and was resting that hand on my leg. I know it wasn't because I was moving it. But I heard tons of "whoosh" noises, so I think it was Cletus swimming around in there. I know once I was with a nurse practitioner at my doctor's office and we heard a whoosh and she said it sounded like fetal movement. :) SO based on that I think that's what it was.
Today when I came home from work I listened for Cletus again and got him/her almost right away. Heart rate ranged from 150-168. I have never seen it as low as 150 before! It has always been 160 or higher.
If I had to guess, I would say this baby is going to be a girl, it will be born August 1st or 2nd, and it is going to be very energetic! Let's see if I am right! Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Hey I'm listening/reading! LOL I think it's great that you are listening for the heartbeat. I'd be walking around with headphones on and the thing strapped to my stomach. Enjoy this time! Oh, and I always heard girls were much higher heartrates than boys.