Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Lazy Weekend

It's going to be a very lazy weekend but that's OK, I am welcoming it with open arms. For example, I have been sleeping on and off since about 11PM last night until about 3:30PM today. How incredibly wonderful is that?! Hey judge if you want, but I plan on being sloth-like for as long as I can until Cletus gets here and puts my life in a tailspin.
Aaron is working nights all weekend and next week, so I am basically spending my weekend alone. It sounds worse than it actually is. I got used to being alone when Aaron was in New Mexico for training, so now I am actually quite comfortable that way. I get to watch what I want to watch on TV, stay in my jammies all day, and do rude things like burp without having to worry about grossing out company. :)
I was going to do some grocery shopping today, but now I don't feel like it so I think I will pick up Chinese for dinner and go to the store tomorrow instead. I think that sounds reasonable. But crap, I have no Coke or bottled water, so I will have to stop by the grocery store. Ugh.
It is insane to me that I have had the AC on in January. The cheap bastards who built my house put NO screens on the windows, so when it is 75 here it gets hot in my house, and there's really no other way to cool it down except for turn on the house fan and/or AC. I think Aaron and I are going to put up some screen doors though, so we can at least leave the doors open when we want. That is one of many things wrong/irritating with this house and I am very excited to move back home so this house can be a little memory. I say little because the house is so damned little.
Anyway, as of yesterday I am 14 weeks pregnant! Time is flying by. So exciting! In a few weeks' time I will be able to feel my baby kicking. I can't wait for that. I am in maternity clothes but still look nothing other than just fatter than usual. That's getting old.
So real news here. Still pregnant, still living in Texas, still want to come home. I need to travel more of this state though, I bet there's a WHOLE lot more than the tiny bit I see. Texans are very proud people, and I owe it to the state and to them to find out why. So far I am not too sure. I don't do cattle, and I don't do Mexico (can't, too dangerous per my hubby unless we fly in and go to a resort) so there's not a whole lot for me to do here. But the people are very nice. My co-workers and boss are very nice. So yes the people are friendly but I left lots of friendly people to come here, so I need to find more to make me happy here. I really am sick of bitching about wanting to come home. I know people tell me that at last I have Aaron with me, which is completely true and I don't know what I would do without him. But I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. We lived 20 minutes away from a border, why couldn't he work there? Then I wouldn't be destroying my credit by doing a short-sale on my house, I wouldn't be pregnant 1600 miles away from anyone who I am close with, and I wouldn't have to worry obsessively about tarantulas.
OK, done bitching for today. Getting in the shower so I can try the new Chinese place in town tonight. :)

3 comments:

Debbs said...

Hope your enjoying you lazy weekend.

kimberkara said...

The grass is always greener on the other side... what I wouldn't give to have a lazy weekend! I think I would even be willing to live in Texas to get my lazy weekends back! How long until you can come home? Remember how long it was until Aaron came back fro Iraq? Now it seems like nothing right? Remember how fricken long it was waiting for your wedding day? You never thought the day would come! This time will pass fast too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.