Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today sucked.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I have been tired all day.
I found a weird lump last night so I went to the doctor to have it seen, and no worries everything is fine, but for whatever reason I wept uncontrollably for about an hour because of this. The nurse practitioner told me that it seems like that baby is good and healthy because it's affecting Mom's moods so much. Ha. Thanks lady. She had a student with her, an NP student, who works with me. So not only did she see my weep like a child, she got to see my weep like a child in a paper gown while I told her I was sorry but she couldn't stay in because it was too personal. Ugh shoot me.
I went back to work and a patient called me a little girl. I am 29. Not that I want to look my age or anything, but chances are if I am assisting with your blood transfusion I am indeed an adult. Just sayin'. THEN he had the audacity to ask my co-worker if I am pregnant. OK, so I am... but I am not far enough along to be showing! Why are people asswipes? How can you NOT tell the difference between uterus and chub?! Granted I am convinced the uterus is already pushing the chub out more... it's harder to suck my gut in. I think it's just difficult to suck in uterus.
When I went to the doctor's office it said I gained two more pounds since the last time I was there on the 6th. I think that contributed to my weepiness. I figured out then that I have gained 5-6 pounds since I got pregnant. Total bullshit. However, I figured it all out. I'll give my breasts a pounds between the two of them. They are full! I'll give my uterus itself a pound between the growth of it and the amniotic fluid. Extra blood flow is probably another half pound, the baby weighs a half ounce, and the other 3 pounds and 7 1/2 ounces is the baby's bad attitude. Hey, anyone that moves around that much during an ultrasound has got to be a rebel!
Oh, and I brought my crying fit back to with me and everyone had to say aww and pat the silly crying pregnant girl. Don't get me wrong I am so glad they care, just for whatever reason when I am upset and people hug me it makes it worse and I cry more. I don't know why. Oh, and Dr. Watkins heard me call myself an asshole. I actually think that is amusing though. :)
OK I am sore and stiff from being constantly on edge today, so I am going to bed. Hope tomorrow is better!!!

1 comment:

kimberkara said...

If pregnancy make *me* cry like a retarded baby you have to assume you are going to have some weepy moments! I laughed at myself most of the time. Sobbing and laughing at the same time. I would do this in my car for an entire trip to wherever. Can you picture looking over at my car at a red light and seeing me with tears and snot all runnin' down my face while alternating laughing hysterically and sobbing? The very idea used to make me laugh just that much harder... while I was still crying. F'ing fetuses will do a job on you, that's for SURE!