Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nicki is coming to visit!

My friend Nicki, who lives in VA, is coming to Michigan this week. I am so excited! I saw her last summer for literally a day when I went to VA for a family wedding. Besides that though I haven't seen her since 2004. So it will be great to catch up.
And, she is going to have her 3 year old daughter Hope with her, so I can finally meet her little girl! I can't wait!
I am going to try to get a day off work this week if I can, so I can spend a little more time with them. I found out that she is definitely coming earlier today, so having notice to try to get the time off was not exactly an option.
Today we celebrated my dad's birthday at his house. We had steaks on the grill, it was damn good. Then after that my sister Brianna and I went to see 'My Sister's Keeper.' I cried like a little girl. I honestly probably cried for half of the movie. It was good though. And I am glad I got to see it with her. The little goober made fun of me for literally sobbing in the movie theatre but it was still worth it. :)
I love what that my relationship with my brother and sister is getting better and better as we get older. We have a lot of fun together. We laugh a lot. It's a relationship unlike any other. I have nothing else to compare it to. I love those two so much. How our lives came together was definitely not an ideal situation, but at least we got something good out of it- each other.
OK... total change of subject.
I really, REALLY want to keep working on the book ideas I have. However, everything I write usually sounds like a giant pile of garbage. It is irritating. I have stories in my head, and in there they sound like good ideas. As soon as I start to type the words, the story lose it's fluidity and it turns into mechanical He said: blah. She said: blah pile of crap. I don't understand it. Maybe I am creative enough to think of OK ideas to write about but not talented enough to be a good story teller. I know I can't tell a joke to save my life... maybe this is the case. That pisses me off. I want to be good at the things I am interested in/enjoy doing!
OK, I am tired, my contacts feel like they are glued to my eyeballs, and I have to work in the morning. See ya'll later.

No comments: