Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Nicki came to visit!

Nicki and her daughter Hope left last night. We had a great visit. Wednesday night I picked them up from her cousin Norma's house. After that we drove around Belleville so Nicki could see how much it changed. She could barely recognize it! We past our old high school, which does look the same. We passed the old house that she grew up in, and that was sad. They put a little pond in the front yard, and took the pool out. They put an addition onto the back of the house for a hot tub which definitely looked cool but made it soooo different from the place we used to hang out all the time! We went past where we took our old art classes too, and from the looks of it the house is now abandoned. Either that or they REALLY need to work on that house!
Thursday we went to the Lenawee County Fair. Her cousin was there working for a Christian club of some sort, he is a member. It was me, Nicki, Hope and their cousin Amy. We had fun. It was kinda in the middle of nowhere and we had to drive an hour to get there, but it was interesting. There were a lot of farm animals. I saw some of the strangest things ever there!
1. A horse with crystal blue eyes. They were gorgeous!
2. A goat almost ate my hair when I leaned in to talk to him and pretend to kiss him. (I loved the animals and really did want to kiss a few of them. But they smelled like ass, so it was easy to refrain.)
3. A cow with fuzzy ears! He had long hair on his ears, it looked like he had earmuffs on. lol. He almost licked my face. I was again, acting like I was going to kiss him and he went in for a sneak attack. If I learned nothing else that say I learned that cows have freakishly long tongues. I was several inches away from his face and he almost got me. Weird.
4. The fattest rabbit EVER. He was so friggin' fat that he had chest fat that his head laid on and rested there. It was like he had never eaten anything but Whoppers in his whole life. Not to mention he was long as hell. He was seriously the size of a Beagle. WOW.
5. OK this just shows my sophomoric sense of humor but... There was a goat that was in his pen and he apparently had a hair ball. So, he started coughing, HARD, and he definitely shit himself. Lucky for him he's a goat and probably would have done it in a few minutes anyway, so I doubt he was self conscious. But his butt happened to be facing Amy and me, and we about died laughing. Nicki pretended to not know us then. LOL.
6. Conversation between Amy and me as we were walking into a cow barn, all their butts were facing us:
Amy: We need to be careful, cows kick hard and when they poop they can shoot it out far!
Me: That's disgusting.
Then we simultaneously look to our left and look at the cow we are walking by. This particular cow was, uh... cocked, locked and ready. Either he JUST got done going to the bathroom or was JUST about to go. Either way it was not pretty, and we didn't want to wait to see which one it was. We ran. Laughing.

I saw more shit that day than anything else. Seriously.

Friday I had to work. Boo! But Friday night after work I picked up Nicki and Hope from their cousin's house again and we hung out and watched TV and had some much needed catch up conversation.
Saturday we went to her cousin's house for lunch because more family was there that time, and they had to see them. Thank God I have known her forever or else I would have been so uncomfortable. It was Nicki, Hope, Me, (the rest is all her family) Aunt Marge, Uncle Rex, Norma, Lonnie, Amy, Megan, Onsby, Julia and their three kids. Even though I barely knew most of them they were all very warm and inviting. I felt very comfortable. :)
That night we went to my Dad's house and he got to meet Hope. She is seriously one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen! Her personality is the best, too. She is smart, funny and so, so loving. She would tell me all the time "Andewa ( pronounce it And-oo-wah, haha), I love you." And "I love you to the moon and back." Ugh. I miss her so much already!
Saturday night we watched Twilight... come on, Nicki had to see my new boyfriend (haha)! She liked it. :) Of course she did.
On Sunday we went to Frankenmuth. We were broke so we didn't go to Zehnder's but we walked through all the shops. Hope got her face painted. I'll post pictures when I friggin learn how to.
Nicki is 50% Chippewa, and there just so happens to be a Chippewa Memorial in Frankenmuth in one of the parks. So we got to go to that, it was nice. Small and hidden, but nice. I think it meant a lot to Nicki to see it. She doesn't know all that much about that part of her background.
Then I dropped them off at her cousin's house last night so they could drive back home with Marge and Rex this morning. I cried like a little bitch when I had to say bye to Hope! It went something like this:
Me- OK Hopie, gimme a hug, I have to go home.
Hope- I go wif you?
Me- No baby, you have to stay here with Mommy so you can go home in the morning. (sniffle, wimper)
Hope- Why?
Me- So you can see your Daddy.
Hope- Is your nose running?
Me- (peals of laughter) Yeah, probably.
Kisses, hugs, more crying, put the baby down, say good bye, leave the house as fast as I can.
It was so much easier to say bye to Nicki this time than it was last year! Probably because it was so much harder to say goodbye to Hope than it ever had been to say bye to Nicki.
I want to keep her!
OK, it is about time for bed. I am exhausted. Plus I have only had one cigarette today and I am trying really hard to not run to my car and get a pack.

No comments: