Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Curves and why they are Bitches.

OK, so I have a Curves membership that I never use. Why? Because I am lazy and an asshole. I have no reason NOT to go, I just don't like it, music sucks, etc, but should have gone anyway because I need to lose weight and because I am paying good money for the membership.
However, they opened a LA fitness 3 miles away from my house and I REALLY want to join that. They have a pool, sauna, hot tub, elipticals, treadmills, lots of classes, etc, and it is the same amount as Curves. So I wanna do it! I literally have to pass the road it is on to go home in the mornings from work. Finally! Something I might actually stick with!
I have been putting off getting an account there because I (thought) I was paying on Curves until next month, when my membership can be cancelled after the year contract. However, today I find an old message on the phone from Curves saying to please call as soon as I can. So I call them, assuming they are going to say "Where the hell have you been?" No, they tell me there was something wrong with my card and they haven't been charging me since March. I think, Sweet, I am about to get off light. No, they say that even though I haven't been going, and they haven't contacted me to say there was a problem with my card, they say I owe $150 plus a $50 cancellation fee if I want to quit early.
So, naturally I got pissed. I have no problem paying it, but if it doesn't go through the first month, your dumb ass better call me back and tell me there is a problem. Don't call me 6 months later and tell me I owe you a shit load of money.
So, this lady told me more than once that I should take responsibility for my finances. Bitch! That is the wrong thing to say to me. We might not be rolling in the cash, but damnit our shit is paid! We might not be able to have lots of extras, but we aren't delinquent in anything either. I made sure to tell her that we may not have tons of money, but my mortgage, 2 car payments, 2 credit cards and student loans are all paid off and in good standing. She was like, that is none of my business, you're telling me too much information. Well guess what wench, if you're going to accuse me of something I didn't do and question my character over the phone, you're going to hear me defend myself over the phone. I was SO offended.
She even said to me, in quite a bitchy manner "Didn't you notice that it wasn't coming out of your account every month?" To which I replied No, I assumed you did what you were supposed to do and take the money I owed you. That's why I did direct deduction, so I didn't have to think about it. If it didn't work, why didn't you tell me 6 months ago?!??!?!
The woman I was talking to and I had a heated arguement for about 12 minutes, according to the timer on my phone. At one point I was basically just screaming at her. She tried to end the phone call, but I don't even know if I gave her the chance. Then after it all I was said to her, "Sorry for yelling at you, but I am really mad this really caught me all off guard." She responded with (finally, almost verbatim.) "You don't have anything to be sorry for, I am being completely out of line. I am really sorry. I don't feel good and I am having a really bad day and I am taking it out on you." Finally. Something that came out of her mouth that made sense!
At one point we were both acting like assholes. I was like, "You don't have to worry about me coming back there or joining again, because I won't!" All she said was "Fine!" and things of that nature. To be honest, thinking back I didn't hear a lot. When I get that angry I kinda lose control, tunnel vision etc. Wow. The Army should recruit me for combat. Just put me on the phone with that woman first and I will be set! LOL
Let me say this, I have no problem paying my bills. But if you decide to not charge me for 6 months, and then ask for it all back at once and basically call me irresponsible when YOU'RE the company, NOT me, that pisses me off. BAD. Sure, I should have noticed I suppose, but as long as everything balances out the way it should then I don't. But more than I should have done something, they should have been a responsible, and financially sound company and contacted me the first month they couldn't collect funds from me. I asked her why didn't she try to email me, or call me, or send me a letter? All she said was, "we don't use email addresses." Way to beat around the bush and NOT assume responsibility, bitch. I also remember telling her that if she didn't have documentation of all the months they tried to call me and get no response that she could basically hang it up. And also that I would get statements from Verizon proving they did NOT call me.
The phone call ended with both of us apologizing, and her taking care of everything and just deleting my account. That's a good idea, since most people would have told her to kiss their asses and not pay anyway. So, I owe nothing, and am now trying to put it all behind me. Oh yeah, and I am trying to find a constructive way to get rid of this adreneline-induced rage out of my system. Maybe I will go to LA Fitness after this blog, join up and kick someone's ass? Hmmm... it's an idea.
Part of me wonders if she just said fine it's all taken care of so I don't drive up there and kick her ass. LMAO.

Opinions are welcome here! I am curious what you guys would have done in this situation? And, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't their lack of collecting a payment or contacting me basically count as a breach of the contract and negating it?

1 comment:

cassdawn said...

a little off topic but personally, i don't really like the whole curves idea anyway. the whole deal is supposed to be because women are uncomfortable working out in front of men?? really? cuz no one is ruder about women than other women. plus it's run by women who would pitch a fit if men tried to have a club that formally excluded women.

i've had similiar experiences. it ry to "kill em with kindness" when possible but . . . isn't it funny when you both get to that "yeah, okay, so i'm being a little bitchy stage :)