Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just some random thoughts.

I was listening to my ipod a few days ago and a Marilyn Manson (love!!!) song came on, so I blasted it as loud as my ears could handle. It reminded me of driving to one of my high risk appointments in San Antonio. I found a radio station there that literally played one ass-kicking song after another, and I was BLARING it with the windows down. For a few minutes I didn't think about home, or being sad, or anything negative. I was just loving it! But I kinda giggled to myself when I got out of the car in case anyone happened to be watching. Out of the car with the blaring heavy metal comes an obviously pregnant woman waddling to her doctors appointment. hahaha. I bet it looked amusing.
Then I thought about it. When I have the baby, I won't be able to blare the music when we are driving together, it'll frighten her. Then for a brief moment I *slightly* mourned the loss of that part of my life. I know I will get it back again one day. I know it sounds and is trivial, but lately my jollies are few and far between. In Uvalde we really don't get a radio station that isn't Tejano or static 50% of the time. So when I actually get a radio station that doesn't play crap AND that plays songs I like, I like to play it loud. :) Obviously having my baby and not scarring her for life is worth not playing the radio loud (I am not 15 anymore, lol) but it did make me realize (again) that I will have to lose/neglect certain parts of my personality in order to cultivate another. But I already know that it will be well worth it. Even admitting this makes me feel selfish and horrible. But I guess it's better to realize the limitations of the life I am about to embark on now than to learn because I did something bad, right?
And I am sure that the Wiggles will be JUST as gratifying as the Lest We Forget CD. :)
On a completely different note... I went to Church today for the first time in well over a year. (Bad me.) But hey I went and I enjoyed it. It's an Episcopalian Church that is less than a mile from my house. It was so similar to the Church we were married in back home that it almost made me teary eyed! But I had a good time. Aaron is not a churh-goer, so I did go by myself, but I met my co-worker Shanna and her family there. They were all very nice. It was a good experience and I hope to go back again soon and try to go regularly.
After Eucharist we sat down while the rest of the people went up and we sat in the pews and had some quiet/prayer time. They started playing a song and the first few motes of it sounded like "What if God was one of us?" by Joan Osborne and I almost lost it! It took almost everything in me not to LMAO!!! :)
OK well I am going to attempt to do house work, but more than likely will end up watching TV. Hope you all have a great Easter!

4 comments:

Cat's Litterbox said...

Get XM/Sirius radio... it'll have all the channels you'd love and some for the baby.

Booya said...

Hey, I have been MIA for a while now and am catching. But how do you like Texas so far?

Andrea said...

Besides the culture shock, so far so good. We are very much suburban people, and we are definitely in a rural area. That is weird. Have you ever been out this way?
I think it's just really lonely for us because the only people we know are the few people we work with and ourselves. We are hoping that some of our family is moving down here, if that happens life will get drastically better!
I swear I am going to shit myself if I see a tarantula or a scorpion. None so far, and we had the house sprayed for critters in hopes that I never have to see one. Here's hoping! How have you been?

Booya said...

I used to go that way on a pretty regular basis. I was dating this whor...girl down there for a while :)

In the year or so that I went down there I never saw any critters like that.

I have been busy as hell but things are starting to level off now. Good reading your post again!