Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Texas Bound!

Well it's official... Aaron got his offer to join the Border Patrol... and he is going to be stationed in Carrizo Springs, Texas.
I haven't been to Texas since I was like, 5 when I would do day trips El Paso for shopping when we lived in Clovis NM. I have no freaking idea what to expect. Well yeah I do, I expect men with big belt buckles and tight jeans, in trucks with Confederate Flags on them going "WOOOOO". And cows, and tumble weed, and Hank Hill.
Does anyone know about Texas? Am I right? Am I a Michigander that is going to have a complete culture shock in 6 months? Fill me in!
Aaron leaves for training on May 17... so from there it is just me left to get the house ready then out it up on the market. Fuuuuuuuuuccccckkkk....

7 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Congratulations on your husband's new posting and Yes, you will go through culture shock. I moved from Ohio to Northern Florida after nursing school and it was like Whoa. Best Wishes on these exciting next steps.

Booya said...

Yes! I don't anything about that area but you are right about some of the things to expect. But add rice and beans, tejano music (accordian (sp)) very loud. Dust like a mofo and mesquitos. Oh and kiss snow good bye!

Andrea said...

Booya, it looks like I am moving to your area! (Well probably in a much more desolate and depressing area... but whatever...)
Tell me about it! Where will I go grocery shopping? Do nurses make OK money there?

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Andrea... could you wear the Maize block M for me as often as you can when you do leave?

Kate said...

Hey, at least we'll be on the same side of the Mississippi River when you move! It will be a shock...trust me, I know a little about the subject ;)

Booya said...

You guys are going to be in Dallas? Sweet! First round is on me! We go grocery shopping at either Albertsons or Kroger, sort of like Safeway and Giant, just different names. There are also Tom Thumb stores, while they carry a wider (high end) selection they are typically more expensive. Then there are Sprouts, Whole Foods and Central Market, top quailty and a large selection of organics and such but damn sure better bring your plastic or check book. And my brother in law just graduated and passed his RN test I believe he is making in the 60's. So it's him, his wife and their five month old and they aren't hurting as far as I can tell. And they just bought their first house. I think you guys will be fine. And I could be wrong but I believe Texas has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the county so you should be able to find a nursing job with no problem. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions, I am happy to help.

Andrea said...

No actually we'll be in San Antonio... but it's a hell of a lot closer than we are now! HA!
I am excited in a way to go, yet dreading leaving my friends and family here. There will be a huge, canyon sized void in my life without them. :(
So it will be nice to know someone (at least via internet, haha) in the same huge state!
:)