Isabella Maria

Isabella Maria
Her 3 week pictures... such an angel!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Seriously?

Since last Monday I have been having shitty luck. It is starting to piss me off... bad. Here's the details.

I like to think of myself as an optimist. Really I do. I know I am a very lucky person in the grand scheme of things.

Last Monday- my filling falls out of my tooth and I have to have an emergency tooth extraction. The silver lining: at least I found a dentist near my house that I really like that took me that day. So OK, at least I am trying to look at the bright side.
Last Wednesday- I get a sore throat, which turns into a cold. I have to call in Thursday because I am sick. The silver lining: I was feeling back to my old self by this Tuesday, and thank God I have a job where I can call in sick. I accrue 16 hours of PTO a month. So OK, at least I am trying to look at the bright side.
Last Saturday- I was at a party, feeling like crap, when it finally hit me. *I AM PROBABLY MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY. I AM LEAVING ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT I LOVE.* I proceed to spend the rest of the time I am there crying uncontrollably and leave without saying goodbye, which is SO not my style. The silver lining: I won't be leaving until I sell the house, so I am practically guaranteed more time with these awesome friends of mine. AND, thank God we have the opportunity to find a better job for my husband when thousands of people are losing theirs. Yes, we are lucky. So OK, at least I am trying to look at the bright side.
Last Sunday- Our washing machine starts banging loudly and acting possessed in our basement. It is broken in the middle of a load. We have tons of laundry to do. The silver lining: My sister in law lives 8 miles away and she graciously lets us use her washer and dryer when we need it. AND we have a warranty on our washer until October 2010, so it will be fixed at no charge to us. OK, at least I am trying to look at the bright side.
This Tuesday- I am on my way to work, and I start my car to heat it up... my tire is flat. Motherf*cker. I have to call AAA to get them to put my spare on (no, I don't know how to do it myself and as long as I have a husband or a AAA membership I have no intention on learning. And no you can't talk me out of it...) then I sit in Discount Tire for 1 1/2 hours waiting for my tire to get fixed. And I shit you not, as I get out of my car I stand up and almost scream in pain because I pulled a muscle I didn't know I had in my nether-regions. My God I didn't know you could have a pain like that and not be on your period or crowning. It was horrible. Thank God it subsided after 600mg of motrin and a Coke. The silver lining: Discount Tire patched the 2 holes in my tire for free, and I was not in trouble for coming in to work 2 1/2 hours late. I am still trying to look at the bright side.
Wednesday-Today- My husband tells me that he is reenlisting for 6 years in the National Guard, which sucks. But, on the bright side, he is going to get a 15K bonus if he passes the PT test... by March 1. Thanks to President Obama there will be no more reenlistment bonuses after March 1, 2009. But I am thinking to myself, WOW- we can pay off our credit cards and be in a MUCH better financial situation! AWESOME!!!!! Alas, he was not able to run the 2 miles in less than 17 minutes. That sucked. I feel bad for him though because he tried as hard as he could. I am not at all disappointed in him, I am proud of him for trying. In his defense he had NO warning. The same day he found out about the test he went and did it. The silver lining: Well, at least no one took 15K away from us, right?? There has GOT to be a bright side, right?
Today- We got our tax return info back today and we're not getting half of what we expected. Son of a BITCH. Now we can't buy the treadmill we wanted OR pay off the small (ha) credit card. The silver lining: Our good friend Jessica is going to redo our taxes and see if she can find something was missed last time. I think at this point the bright side is a bad, bad place.


So... today I played the lottery. LOL. I figured hey, what the hell? What's the worst that could happen? NOT WIN? LMAO after this week who gives a shit. But on the bright side, if my luck turns around this would be a GREAT pay back for all the bullshit I went through these last couple weeks. And I would LOVE to help out my family and friends by paying off their mortgages, cars, whatever else they needed. Oh and PS I would go to England and live it up. :)
Hey, dreams are free...

Oh PS- while all these things are happening I am having another medicine induced period which makes me feel like ASS. AND the big test is Thursday. I am terrified to think of what the result could be. If I am infertile I will find out that day at the meeting afterward with the doctor. I was told at my last appointment to bring someone with me, because I could potentially get really bad news, and that the test is humiliating because you're sitting on a table, spread eagle, with saline leaking out of you and it feels like you're peeing on the table. Yay, I can't wait. :/

Randomness: Aaron is sitting next to me as I type this and he is playing the guitar and singing for Harvey. He has played most of his regulars... but Bob Marley's Redemption Song is having a tranquilizing effect on Harvey. He actually had to lie down in the middle of the song because he literally could not hold his eyes open any longer. Before Harvey was sitting intently right in front of Aaron watching him play. It was sweet. We have to get a video camera and tape Harvey and Aaron and their Daddy-Doggy bonding time. :)

1 comment:

none said...

Hey hun i know some things suck in life right now but keep looking on the brighter side of things in life . You have a great outlook on life, don't let these things get you down. Just remember, things could be worse. When I was stuck in a wheel chair for that whole 3 and a half weeks I had to keep that thought in my head to get through each day. Things could be worse. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. I hope the test isn't too bad and that your weekend goes a lot better.

LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS!!!